Why do we collect personal information?
- Our interview notes.
- Information obtained through reference and background checks.
- Educational records.
- Reference letters.
- Skills testing results.
- Information required to provide payroll services, including banking details, tax deductions, and vacation allowances.
- Information about you and your beneficiaries, as required, in order to enrol you in our benefits packages.
- Understand your qualifications, needs, and preferences.
- Find the best work opportunities for you that will give you the career satisfaction you are looking for.
- Fulfill our clients’ requests for information about candidates.
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service job seekers and our clients.
- Provide payroll and other HR functions to you for temporary staffing arrangements.
When do we disclose personal information and to whom?
Your personal information is never traded, sold, or leased by us to any external companies. Your information is only disclosed for Artemp’s legitimate business purposes or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
In the normal course of business, we disclose your personal information to our clients when we feel there is a potential for a job placement. As a job seeker, you are relying on us to share such information. We only provide your information to clients if there is a job opening that is well-suited to you, and we only provide the information required and requested by the client to make an informed decision regarding a candidate.
We may share information with our affiliates, partners, contractors, or other companies (collectively “representative”) that we use to provide full staffing services. However, we only disclose limited information as required for the function that will be performed by the representative on our behalf. We also ensure that every contract we enter into with a representative clearly outlines the representative’s obligation to protect your personal information and live up to the principles of privacy.
- Organizations that perform background checks - including criminal, educational, and credit checks - as required by the client.
- An outsourced payroll service provider for temporary staffing arrangements.
- Employee testing centres.
Have you consented?
Having read this policy, and by using our services and providing us with your personal information, we assume your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein.
Wherever possible and when necessary, we obtain your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. For example, we obtain your express written consent before releasing your information to a third party who performs background checks on potential employees.
We assume your consent if we feel we are using your personal information for purposes that are obvious to you. For example, if you list the names and phone numbers of your previous employers on your résumé for reference checking purposes, we will not seek your express consent before checking these references.
How long is your information retained?
How do we keep your personal information secure?
- Filing cabinets are required to remain locked when not in use.
- Access to electronic and paper files is limited to a need-to-know basis depending on job function.
- Password selection criteria and expiry make unauthorized access more difficult.
- Staff training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly.
How can you access your personal information and check its accuracy?
Artemp relies on the information provided by you, as do third parties such as those providing references, educational institutions, or those conducting background checks. You may at any time make a written request to our Privacy Officer for access to your personal information. Upon payment of a small administrative fee to address handling/shipping costs, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information that we have on file. If you wish to avoid the handling/shipping costs, you may arrange to have your personal information made available at one of our branch offices, where you may schedule an appointment to pick up a copy.
Artemp strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information; however, this cannot be achieved without your help. In this ongoing effort, we ask you to provide us with your most up-to-date information. Please contact us to let us know of any personal information you have given to us in the past that is incomplete, inaccurate, or no longer relevant. It will be our pleasure to make appropriate modifications.